- With the help of the Lord, she “brought me forth”.
- Since before I understood English, she has taught me about Jesus.
- She has taught me everything I know (except for Latin, ‘Eighties Culture, and sundry other things).
- She is my companion, my confidante, my best friend, role model, educator, project buddy, mentor, and encourager.
- She has a magic touch with little kids. You know those princesses in movies who can talk with the animals? My mom works strange and wonderful things with toddlers and babies.
- It’s not just me, either! This woman does it all — dirty work, hungry families, unwatched children, messy rooms, late-night overtime, the soiled laundry of half-blind old people…whatever the disaster is, my mom is there, up to her elbows in helping. In the dictionary next to “hard worker,” they’ve put her picture (much to her chagrin, as she doesn’t like her picture taken).
- Is it any wonder she’s the pattern for all my female characters? (Except for the bland or ditzy ones – those are me.)
- She gave me my looks 🌷
- No matter what the situation, no matter where I am, I know my mom is in my corner, and will give me solid advice (even if I don’t like it).
Feel free to disagree, but like it or not my mom is the best there is. The best.
(She will hate this whole post because she doesn’t like being talked about 😉)
Love you, Mom. Thanks for being you, and making me who I am.